Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tantrums Galore


 Here is Dek with pal Naomi before he suffers one of his more coloring tantrums of late. Usually it goes something like this:
"But I don't want to share."
"It's mine."

Gets worse through tears/whining/s
"I want (guest's name) to go home."
"But I don't like (insert person and/or activity e.g. saying hi to grandma)."


But I don't want to!

Dek after 3.5 years of nearly cry-free existence, we have arrived at 3. Other parents warned me. I ignored it thinking if we had sailed through the terrible 2s with not so much of a glitch (or at least that's how I remember it) and minimal meltdowns. I didn't want to ever mention it because I was always waiting for the streak to end and lo-and-behlold, here we are at the end.

Just like 6-week fussiness in babies, its started to subside but during Quinn's first month, Dek had a pretty rough go of it. I think its a combination of socializing all day at daycare and then coming home and not getting the 100% attention rate he once enjoyed. Luckily over the last few weeks, things are starting to even out of a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment